I have been trying to get a DVD player to work with my installation of Knoppix 3.8. So far I have downloaded libdvdcss and installed that and now my DVDs play. But they keep dropping frames which means that the action is very slow and jerky.
I went through all the diagnositcs suggested by Xine but still couldn't get it to run properly. Then, while googling the issue, I found that someone had suggested that Totem runs better and so I tried installing that. However, my system could not find the package libhal0 and so the installation failed.
I have searched the internet for the libhal0 deb package but cannot find a valid link.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any tips on playing DVD under knoppix? Or links to good 'howto' sites?
That would be a great help.
Regards,
Alan Searle.

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00
DEC Vintage Pulse-to-Step Converter Driver Interface Card for DEC Systems
$50.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99