-
Xine or Totem ?
I have been trying to get a DVD player to work with my installation of Knoppix 3.8. So far I have downloaded libdvdcss and installed that and now my DVDs play. But they keep dropping frames which means that the action is very slow and jerky.
I went through all the diagnositcs suggested by Xine but still couldn't get it to run properly. Then, while googling the issue, I found that someone had suggested that Totem runs better and so I tried installing that. However, my system could not find the package libhal0 and so the installation failed.
I have searched the internet for the libhal0 deb package but cannot find a valid link.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any tips on playing DVD under knoppix? Or links to good 'howto' sites?
That would be a great help.
Regards,
Alan Searle.
Similar Threads
-
By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
-
By Pydron in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
-
By dvest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 06:15 PM
-
By ignuu2 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage NEC PC-9801NS/E 98NOTE SX/E Laptop Japanese Spec For Parts Repair As-Is
$223.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Microsoft Access 1.0 & 1.1 Vintage 1992 Software 3.5" Disks ManualsVintage
$79.90

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99