I have been trying to get a DVD player to work with my installation of Knoppix 3.8. So far I have downloaded libdvdcss and installed that and now my DVDs play. But they keep dropping frames which means that the action is very slow and jerky.
I went through all the diagnositcs suggested by Xine but still couldn't get it to run properly. Then, while googling the issue, I found that someone had suggested that Totem runs better and so I tried installing that. However, my system could not find the package libhal0 and so the installation failed.
I have searched the internet for the libhal0 deb package but cannot find a valid link.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any tips on playing DVD under knoppix? Or links to good 'howto' sites?
That would be a great help.
Regards,
Alan Searle.

Vintage VGA Video Graphics Card (Vision964, Trio64V+, PVGA1A, GD5446)
$200.00
DELL INSPIREON 8200 VINTAGE LAPTOP
$85.00
Lot 6 Vintage Dell Laptops - XPS M1710, Latitude - Most Boot To Bios - Read Desc
$399.99
RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE
$199.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS)
$199.90
Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes
$199.99
Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00
Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case
$99.99
Vtg 1994 Toshiba T4850CT/200 Laptop For Parts/Repair ONLY
$99.89
Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON
$119.89