-
Boot Knoppix 3.3 from HDD using Grub for NTFS
Hi
I have GIS Knoppix (http://www.sourcepole.com/sources/so...ppix/index.xml) which is based on Knoppix 3.3. I have as OS Windows XP with NTFS partition. I want to boot from HDD using GRUB for NTFS (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition)
I want to know if is possible to use Grub for NTFS to boot Knoppix 3.3 from HDD with the NTFS partition, or I need al least Knoppix 3.6 to do so
-
Re: Boot Knoppix 3.3 from HDD using Grub for NTFS

Originally Posted by
sandricionut
Well as far as I know, the fist version of the initrd_ntfs ramdisk file required to boot knoppix from the iso file being in a ntfs partition has been made by the japanese Knoppix team and was for Knoppix 3.4. Then I updated the initrd_ntfs files for the following Knoppix releases up to the current Knoppix 4.0 DVD:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=240
I suppose that I could make a Knoppix 3.3 initrd_ntfs version, but does it really make sense since there are so many new nice features in the latest Knoppix releases ? Is there any update planned for gis-knoppix ? All this is just matter of finding the time to do it... and btw I don't think that I still have the Knoppix 3.3 iso. Let me know how desperate you are...
Best Regards,
Gilles
-
Hi and Thank you
It is a new released of GIS Knoppix based on Knoppix 3.4, but so far you have to pay...so I don't inted to pay
I am not so desperate, but I was really wanted to use knoppix from HDD because is cumbersome to boot all the time from CD
I will waite for the free release of GIS Knoppix based on Knoppix 3.4
Ionut
Similar Threads
-
By ruymbeke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 715
Last Post: 03-29-2021, 10:58 PM
-
By sakamoto motoharu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
-
By clivesay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-18-2006, 03:23 AM
-
By dimpflmoser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 04:22 AM
-
By Drool King in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99