Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Command TORAM with MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20

    The Command TORAM with MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

    I have an idea and would like to install KNOPPIX in 1 gigabyte of RAM... I also have a configuration home persistant diretory saved on a USB memory drive and a configuration file saved on floppy disk. My question is... can I install KNOPPIX in RAM using the TORAMcommand and then using MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1 at the same time.

    KNOPPIX TORAM MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1

    At this time I only have 512 megs of ram... so I'm not able to test this... If these commands work together. I can have a configured KNOPPIX working out of 1 gig of RAM, I would be willing to invest in several gigabytes of memory if this works. So far I am not sure if this can be done...

    --Tommy

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    I don't see why not. I use toram, and it behaves exactly as it would running from any other drive, just a ton faster and quieter.

Similar Threads

  1. no sda1 (usb pen) option
    By katana in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
  2. Could not make folder /mnt/sda1/Win2k_Ghost_Image
    By atman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
  3. knoppix-installer on sda1
    By rabinhood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
  5. Cannot detect sda1
    By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C picture

Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C

$252.00



Samsung 9100 Pro 1TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD  picture

Samsung 9100 Pro 1TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD

$225.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9" 128GB WiFi SM-X510 Silver - Read Description

$170.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026  128GB GRAY picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 128GB GRAY

$168.00



(Lot Of 10)  8GB DDR4 RAM 1Rx8 SODIMM Laptop Memory Mix Speed Mix Brand picture

(Lot Of 10) 8GB DDR4 RAM 1Rx8 SODIMM Laptop Memory Mix Speed Mix Brand

$299.99