-
Installed Knoppix 3.9 to SATA HDD but it wont boot.
I've got a new PC and I've installed knoppix 3.9 on it. Knoppix detected the SATA HDD which I partitioned using qtparted. I used the ext3 filesystem. The install process wrote the boot record the the MBR. I then tried to boot up without the live cd and I get the the following message: "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable"
HD is Western Digital WD1600JDRTL
Motherboard Intel D945GNT
Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By zaccraven in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
-
By Krisbee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
-
By Weetabix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By torchZ06 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99