Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I change the language that comes by default?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Modesto, California
    Posts
    1

    How do I change the language that comes by default?

    I recently obtained a copy of Knoppix 4.0 DVD and it's default language is german. I always have to type in "knoppix lang=us" at boot and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default boot language. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I am a newbie. Thanks and I hope to hear a suggestion or advice from you Knoppix elites! =)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    It is fully documented & discussed at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19685
    That thread is _very long_ but has great tips & info.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you set language to english by default when booting
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:20 AM
  2. How do you change the default language?
    By Mr. Elefant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:59 AM
  3. changing the default language
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
  4. default language
    By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
  5. Changing default language
    By srinivasan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



EARLY 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Original ROM SET Dated 1983 TESTED Very RARE picture

EARLY 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Original ROM SET Dated 1983 TESTED Very RARE

$179.99



Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 128k 1984 upgraded to Plus includes keyboard mouse

$450.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 (Powers On)

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On) picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ (Powers On)

$250.00



Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On picture

Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On

$250.00



Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum 128k Computer A2S2128 ~ Powers On

$250.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00