Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I change the language that comes by default?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Modesto, California
    Posts
    1

    How do I change the language that comes by default?

    I recently obtained a copy of Knoppix 4.0 DVD and it's default language is german. I always have to type in "knoppix lang=us" at boot and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default boot language. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I am a newbie. Thanks and I hope to hear a suggestion or advice from you Knoppix elites! =)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    It is fully documented & discussed at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19685
    That thread is _very long_ but has great tips & info.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you set language to english by default when booting
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:20 AM
  2. How do you change the default language?
    By Mr. Elefant in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:59 AM
  3. changing the default language
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
  4. default language
    By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
  5. Changing default language
    By srinivasan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTI KB-5161 Vintage Blue Alps Keyboard picture

VTI KB-5161 Vintage Blue Alps Keyboard

$223.00



🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS � picture

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �

$309.00



Peripheral Vision VINTAGE EDUMATE LIGHT PEN Atati 800/400 & COMMODORE 64 Unteste picture

Peripheral Vision VINTAGE EDUMATE LIGHT PEN Atati 800/400 & COMMODORE 64 Unteste

$79.90



Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box  picture

Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box

$59.99



Vintage IBM Personal Computer Printer Adapter 1505200 NOS New n Box PC XT Sealed picture

Vintage IBM Personal Computer Printer Adapter 1505200 NOS New n Box PC XT Sealed

$24.95



Vintage NEW Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard Win95 PS/2 black Ergonomic open box picture

Vintage NEW Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard Win95 PS/2 black Ergonomic open box

$169.99



Vintage Intel i486 DX 33MHz CPU (A80486DX-33 / SX419) – Excellent Condition picture

Vintage Intel i486 DX 33MHz CPU (A80486DX-33 / SX419) – Excellent Condition

$44.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS picture

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS

$79.99



LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED, picture

LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED,

$100.00