-
Senior Member
registered user
I used to use Slackware alot. I know its a nightmare to configure everything just the way you need it. However, that was the preKNOPPIX era where it was supposed to be that way. In fact Slackware was great 'cause it was a better UNIX than UNIX and it was free!
I haven't used zipslack or bigslack (which ran from DOS partitions) ever since their forum went down. Another main draw to Slack for me was the big and savy user base in the forum that would help with anything you needed. I rediscovered that support with the KNOPPIX forums, first on linuxtag and now here.
Now everyone wants user-friendliness and easy installation and autodetection galore. Well, I'm all over that too! I guess I'm a convert now....
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By SouthernComfort in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 09:29 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By Durand Hicks in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By viggooo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By ben- in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67