Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: This is a shock!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    This is a shock!

    After installing Firefox on the Windows side of my dual boot system, I got to wondering how and if it would run in Linux.

    I have Crossover Office installed so I was curious. I simply dragged the icon for it to my desktop.

    Well, lo and behold, it runs perfectly!!! I had thought about installing the Linux version but I don't think I will now.

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    just download the linux version of firefox from mozilla.org.....or if you have knoppix installed to your hd, or some other sort of debian, apt-get install mozilla-firefox will get the latest for you

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    I had thought about installing the Linux version but I don't think I will now
    This sounds rather odd, but if it works, why change it. I'm just wondering if the Windows and Linux versions are so similar that they might work on different platforms or if it is unique to your system. I might have to take a look at that. I don't have Crossover Office installed, but it might be worth trying out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988 picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988

$200.00



Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box picture

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box

$75.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS

$59.99



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37