Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Invalid module format, Pentium4 vs preempt 386

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4

    Invalid module format, Pentium4 vs preempt 386

    Hi,

    I have at one point installed a newer GCC to the GCC the kernel was compiled with.

    I thoung I had fixed it all, but only one thing left I can not fix.

    I compile in "2.6.11 SMP PENTIUM4 gcc-3.3" and it should be "2.6.11 SMP preempt 386 gcc-3.3"

    How can I get that last part fixed, so I can compile my acx-pci modules.

    Regards,

    Colin

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Not going to bed and hanging around on the web as given me some more steps to get closer. I have now managed to compile it again and do not get this message anymore.

    Currently I am stuck on a 'smp_processor_id' message. This because I should turn of the SMP. I have turned this of but now get the message the "2.6.11 preempt 386 gcc-3.3" and it should be "2.6.11 SMP preempt 386 gcc-3.3".

    How do I make 'insmod' accept that "2.6.11 preempt 386 gcc-3.3" is the leading setup and I do not have a SMP and do not want SMP because with SMP acx111 drivers do NOT eat SMP.

Similar Threads

  1. Cloop.ko...invalid module format
    By chowdah45416 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
  2. Preempt kernel, anyone?
    By in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 03:53 AM
  3. LiveCD Boot Error (invalid module)
    By Mook in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
  4. Invalid IO or IRQ
    By warawara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
  5. Knoppix invalid compressed format (err=2)
    By Yorsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00