-
eth0 not working after 'fixing' loopback
I have knoppix 3.9 installed and had some problems with lo configuring. I was able to fix per the documented bug here:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27 (#15)
After rebooting if I perform ifconfig -a, my loopback is set up as it should 127.0.0.1, but now I cannot connect to my DSL.
In the past, I always had to type in pump -i eth0
and my connection to the internet would work.
Now I get a "failed operation" when I do that. I have also tried ifup eth0, and it reports back that it is an 'unknown' device.
Im lost as to what to do now, to get eth0 configured so that I can use my DSL.
Any pointers?
Thanks
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By Lucardus in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2005, 04:10 PM
-
By e1000 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 06:31 AM
-
By chummers in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By mattsbr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00