Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix failed to shut down, now I'm stuck with 640x480

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix failed to shut down, now I'm stuck with 640x480

    Hi, I made a backup of my installed system with the Knoppix 3.8 cd, all went fine. But when I was going to reboot, Knoppix seemed to freeze when it attempted to stop cardmgr if I recall correctly. So I had to reset my system. Now, when I boot my system, lilo and console use only 640x480 pixels instead of the usual 1028x768 my screen used before without using a framebuffer. When I use a kernel that enables framebuffer, after the kernel is loaded I get fullscreen, but this doesn't solve my problem as I don't really want to use framebuffer, and I want to have my bootscreen fullscreen.

    I've updated lilo, but without any results. I also tried booting Knoppix and shutting it down properly, but this didn't undo what it had previously done.

    I hope someone can tell me how I can get my bootscreen back to fullscreen, because it's just too tiny now. Also I'd like to get my console back to normal. Any suggestions/ideas are very welcome.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    I am not entirely sure what you mean: Do you want the boot screen to use a resolution of 640x480 which is scaled up to fill the native 1024x768 of your display? If so, check your BIOS for a setting like "enable panel stretch" or "panning".

    I hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Sorry for the long and poorly structured sentences in my previous post. However, I don't have any of the mentioned options in my BIOS.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    The problem seems to have solved itself . Thanx anyways!

Similar Threads

  1. DVI not working after I shut down Knoppix
    By budip in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 10:47 PM
  2. Dell Dimension 3000 LCD screen stuck at 640x480
    By cvevans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM
  3. isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.
    By markley in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 5-10 Won't Shut off PC
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 01:15 AM
  5. Knoppix will not shut the power on the computer off
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server picture

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server

$525.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w

$238.88



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95