Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot with Knoppix configuration file from HDD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3

    Boot with Knoppix configuration file from HDD

    Hello
    I have Knoppix 3.9 nad I boot from the image file using GRUP form NTFS. I saved the configuration file on a USB drive, but I don't know how can I use that configuration file when I boot Knoppix. Each time I boot the system startd automatic without give me any option to load the configuration file.

    So: I want to boot from HDD with the image file and the configuration file, it is possible?

    Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Boot with Knoppix configuration file from HDD

    Quote Originally Posted by sandricionut
    Hello
    I have Knoppix 3.9 nad I boot from the image file using GRUP form NTFS. I saved the configuration file on a USB drive, but I don't know how can I use that configuration file when I boot Knoppix. Each time I boot the system startd automatic without give me any option to load the configuration file.
    So: I want to boot from HDD with the image file and the configuration file, it is possible?
    Thank you in advance
    Yes, use the "config=scan" and the "home=scan" kernel cheatcodes. Just add these parameters (without the "") at the end of the kernel line in the menu.lst grub config file. Cheers, Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. what should be my file system configuration
    By ayanbsinha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM
  2. swap file configuration
    By aad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:55 PM
  3. Save knoppix configuration to file?
    By TP Diffenbach in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
  4. Kmix configuration file
    By XavierGr in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 09:59 AM
  5. Knoppix 3.8.1 cannot load configuration file from floppy
    By Jack D Ripper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00