Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: File Recovery (File deletet with "rm")

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2

    File Recovery (File deletet with "rm")

    Hello,
    hope anybody can help me.

    I have a fedora core 3 system where I inadvertently deleted a few files with the rm command. Some of the deleted files have been files need to start the fc-system. Now the system doesn't start anymore and I can't login.

    I decided to reinstall the system completely. But before I need to recover one file, which I have deleted with the rm command too.

    I have heared that I can use Knoppix to recover the file. I have downloaded, burned and booted the newest version of knoppix. Now I'm in the K-Desktop of knoppix, but I can't find a tool to recover files.

    Does anybody know, how to recover deleted files on an ext2 (or ext3) filesystem? I have already searched in many forums but never found a small how to recover files with knoppix.

    ...
    ghoststrike[/i]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I googled around and found a presentation by Kyle Rankin, author of "Knoppix Hacks", who goes by the nickname 'greenfly'.

    OSCON - 2005-08-04
    System Rescue with Knoppix
    http://www.greenfly.org/talks/knoppi...e-oscon05.html

    Read through the presentation and find a section on recoving deleted files.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for the link.
    I't has been very usefull!

Similar Threads

  1. "Cant find Knoppix file system" error when bootin
    By sinncier in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
  2. usb boot problem "cannot find knoppix file system"
    By samboon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
  3. Was Busybox compiled with "large file system" opti
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:19 AM
  4. "Cannot create regular file" ":Invalid Argume
    By bluedevlx in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
  5. Boot Problem: "mount: No such file or directory"
    By LinuxGeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air picture

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air

$419.59



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13

NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435

$25.95