-
Persistent configuration and shortcuts
Hi,
I am using the KDE on the 4.01 DVD, and have a question about making desktop shortcuts part of the saved configuration.
I am finding that if I make or download a file on/to the desktop, click on Knoppix --> Configure --> Save KNOPPIX configuration, and then mark the box for "All files on the Desktop", everything works fine for those files.
However, shortcuts that I make on the desktop by right-clicking and selecting Create New --> Link to [Location (URL) or Application] do not get saved into configs.tbz even though they are clearly on the desktop (or inside folders on the desktop).
Does anyone know why this occurs and how it can be remedied? I suppose I could add all the shortcuts to configs.tbz "by hand", but there must be a better way.
Thanks,
Ben
Similar Threads
-
By tuxlover in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:24 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
-
By 5t1nkbu77 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:27 AM
-
By vladx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:51 AM
-
By electronicjason in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

RARE HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB Gaming Mouse HX-MC005B Black Optical USB
$129.99

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00