My touchscreen calibration program writes a tiny data file to /etc/ that it needs when I boot it up, so I calibrated it and then remastered the CD.
It works great but I have one problem... what if the calibration drifts and I need to recalibrate? Also, I want to use my remaster with lots of different PC's each with a touchscreen that has its own calibration settings, and I don't want to have to remaster the CD everytime.
In short, what I need is the ability to save the calibration file to my usb-stick, and then have it overlay the file onto the ramdisk in the correct location (the /etc/ directory) before XFree86 runs the /etc/X11/XF86Config4-in file. Obviously I need to modify a boot script, but which one (which one loads first?), and is this what I would put in it?
su - [username] << _copy_calibration_settings
mount /dev/sda
cp -rf settingsfile.dat /etc
umount /dev/sda
_copy_calibration_settings
Or is there a better way to do it? And again - where should I put this so it completes before the Xsettings are initiated (XF86Config)?
Thanks in advance!

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99