Is there some reason why you want to run commands in Knoppix at boot from a terminal shell?
It's easy to add commands at boot up to the etc/initd/bootmisc.sh file.
That way you don't have to open a terminal shell.
sakiZ
Hi... I'm newbie in Linux.
I'm using knoppix 3.7. I want to run some command Automatically After my computer reboot.
This what I want my computer Automatic do...
After reboot..
I want My computer Automatic open the Terminal Shell....
Then auto run some command inside...
For example:
okie@home> su
password : xxxxxxx
root@home> ./command 1
And then... in another Tab Terminal Shell.. run another command after run the first command in First Terminal Shell.
IS POSSIBLE to make this work in knoppix 3.7 ??????
Please HELP....
Thanks in advance
Is there some reason why you want to run commands in Knoppix at boot from a terminal shell?
It's easy to add commands at boot up to the etc/initd/bootmisc.sh file.
That way you don't have to open a terminal shell.
sakiZ
Thanks for reply...
I will try it.... soon
If anything error, I hope you can help me... I'm newbie ...
Thanks again
No work for me...
And I still need Terminal shell to run my command... This important for me.
Any other way... ?
Thanks
an example running the "ftp" command in a terminal window:
xterm -e ftp
or:
rxvt -e ftp
konsole -e ftp
etc.
an example running the "ftp" command in a terminal window:
xterm -e ftp
or:
rxvt -e ftp
konsole -e ftp
etc.
Looks good. Does that work for you oakie?
sakiZ

Lot 6 Vintage PCI AGP Cards GeForce 256 SiS 6326 Ultra66 SATA RAID FireWire
$134.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00