Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Firewall Tool in 3.9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Firewall Tool in 3.9

    I am using the GUI firewall tool that is supplied in knoppix 3.9. I want to allow incoming access to ssh and an application server on port 62856. I've set the mode to expert even though I 'm not. When I start the firewall I can't connect on the ssh or application port. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Note, I'm not using NAT and there is no firewall in front of of the PC. Below is the contents of /etc/sysconfig/firewall.iptables

    Code:
    # internal interfaces
    iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
    
    # all outgoing
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
    
    # SSH access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    
    # Application access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 62856  -j ACCEPT

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5
    Ok, figured out the problem. After turning on the firewall I ran the command "iptables -L" to get a list of all the rules. I noticed that the rules I added in firewall.iptables were being appended after the DROP all rule. The solution is to insert the new rules before the DROP all rule. Just use "iptables -I" instead of "iptables -A"

    So here it is.
    Code:
    # SSH access 
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 3 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT 
    
    # Application access
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 4 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 62856 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

Similar Threads

  1. Using Partition tool
    By Richard Kalp in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Knoppix -> USB tool
    By beerak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
  3. knoppix3.7 und isdn-tool
    By Albrecht Benz in forum German Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:38 AM
  4. about speedstep tool
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
  5. mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD Where can I put this line?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super picture

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super

$148.66



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is) picture

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)

$350.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold

$44.99



Dell Dimension L1000r Pentium III 1GHz 512MB NO/HDD Vintage Computer Retro PC picture

Dell Dimension L1000r Pentium III 1GHz 512MB NO/HDD Vintage Computer Retro PC

$149.97



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00