Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Firewall Tool in 3.9

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Firewall Tool in 3.9

    I am using the GUI firewall tool that is supplied in knoppix 3.9. I want to allow incoming access to ssh and an application server on port 62856. I've set the mode to expert even though I 'm not. When I start the firewall I can't connect on the ssh or application port. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Note, I'm not using NAT and there is no firewall in front of of the PC. Below is the contents of /etc/sysconfig/firewall.iptables

    Code:
    # internal interfaces
    iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
    
    # all outgoing
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
    
    # SSH access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    
    # Application access
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 62856  -j ACCEPT

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5
    Ok, figured out the problem. After turning on the firewall I ran the command "iptables -L" to get a list of all the rules. I noticed that the rules I added in firewall.iptables were being appended after the DROP all rule. The solution is to insert the new rules before the DROP all rule. Just use "iptables -I" instead of "iptables -A"

    So here it is.
    Code:
    # SSH access 
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 3 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT 
    
    # Application access
    iptables -I FROMINTERNET 4 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 62856 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

Similar Threads

  1. Using Partition tool
    By Richard Kalp in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
  2. Knoppix -> USB tool
    By beerak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
  3. knoppix3.7 und isdn-tool
    By Albrecht Benz in forum German Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:38 AM
  4. about speedstep tool
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
  5. mii-tool -F 10baseT-HD Where can I put this line?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM picture

Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM

$154.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM QRadar xx29 M4 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 16-Cores | 64gb | M5120 RAID picture

IBM QRadar xx29 M4 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 16-Cores | 64gb | M5120 RAID

$349.99