-
Splash screen problem..
Dear all..
I want to change knoppix default screen on live cd to my custom splash image.
I have find file named 'splash_top.png' in 'usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics' but I can't find it.
I just found this:

Actualy, what is the easy way to modify it?
Please, I realy need the way.
Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Brain.[/img]
-
From what you show, it looks like you are concerned with the KDE splash, not the boot splash. Right?
I used nelsongs's script (updated first version) to remaster from a HD install http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18222 and find that the splash I had set up for my primary user became the splash for the live CD. At least on my first production copy--later I removed all the window managers but KDE, and added FVWM and XFCE. Now on the new one the CD boots to XFCE. But as long as the CD was booting to KDE it was using my user's splash. That might be the simplest way to get where you want.
-
Oh, yeah. The splash screen itself is fairly easy to change, once you are working with a hard drive install. Exactly where the splash screens are is a little hard to explain right now, as I'm not in Linux, but the location was fairly easy to find. I suggest you look at "redmond" for your customization, as "simple" doesn't seem to have any obvious graphics files, and the others have lots of pieces you need to figure out. I made a revised version of "redmond" by just editing the background image file with GIMP. I saved it in its own directory instead of messing up the default "redmond", and found the Control Center applet immediately recognized it. You need to edit the background image and a text file--and the preview image if you want the Control Center applet to show what it really looks like.
-
thanks stuart..
i thought i won't get some reply.
thanks for your kind 
regards
Similar Threads
-
By techstress in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
-
By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By spiff1281 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:59 AM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

2x IBM POWER6 43E7455 44M1236 IBM9316 Ceramic Server CPU Gold Contacts
$59.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99