Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Time problems

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovi
    UPDATE ON TIME PROBLEMS

    I shut down my laptop and turned it back on, without unplugging it, and the time and date where reset anyway. I think it's safe to assume that it's not the CMOS battery and on boot up Linux is somehow resetting this to 12:09 (to be speficic) and 01/01/88. Any ideas?

    Tovi
    "...to be specific.." Please- always be specific.

    I didn't see any mention of whether or not you've entered the BIOS and reset the HARDWARE clock first. Sometimes I miss things tho.....

    If that doesn't get you fixed then it's gotta be a buggy BIOS. You know that the Linux kernel runs on your box right? Maybe a BIOS flash would help but I really don't think that's it.

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovi
    UPDATE ON TIME PROBLEMS

    I shut down my laptop and turned it back on, without unplugging it, and the time and date where reset anyway. I think it's safe to assume that it's not the CMOS battery and on boot up Linux is somehow resetting this to 12:09 (to be speficic) and 01/01/88. Any ideas?

    Tovi
    "...to be specific.." Please- always be specific.

    I didn't see any mention of whether or not you've entered the BIOS and reset the HARDWARE clock first. Sometimes I miss things tho.....

    If that doesn't get you fixed then it's gotta be a buggy BIOS. You know that the Linux kernel runs on your box right? Maybe a BIOS flash would help but I really don't think that's it.
    How can I check out my BIOS now????????
    I used to have a "Press Esc/F1/Del to enter the BIOS" but after installing Knoppix on the HD it's gone.

    How do I do it now?

  3. #23
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Since everything in the BIOS is hard-coded it didn't really change although it is possible to bypass the prompt that tells you what keys to press in order to access the BIOS. You can still use the same keys, just press and hold them immediately on seeing the BIOS splah screen. Barring that you could reset the CMOS which would force you to enter the BIOS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Time zone problems in X
    By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
  2. First time user with problems
    By Marky in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
  3. TIME OF THE YEAR!
    By Ritchie in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2003, 02:35 PM
  4. TV time !
    By mihai in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 04:28 PM
  5. Clock Time
    By LordHarshmage in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial picture

A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial

$319.00