-
Re: Time problems

Originally Posted by
Stephen

Originally Posted by
Tovi
I intalled Knoppix on my harddrive and its great. I have a few problems though and maybe someone can help me out.
1. Everytime I turn on the computer and log on I have to set up the time and date. It's not being saved.
2. I can use the CD Player as root but if I try as knoppix user I get the message: CD ROM read or access error. Please make sure you have access permissions to: /dev/cdrom.
I've only been using Linux for 4 days so sorry if this are stupid questions.
Tovi
Open a root console
adduser < user name > cdrom to get access to cdrom by adding your user to the group.
[edit]Add yourself to the floppy group too if you want to write to the floppy.[/edit]
Your system probably has the time on your clock set to CET (central european time) change the time zone to your zone. Right click on the clock in the system tray to change.
two problems with the above approach:
one: knoppix should already have access to cdrom and floppy (although one would have to have 2 cdrom drives for this to be a real issue I would think)
two: You would have to set a root password before you can change the time via the kde taskbar (open a root console and type: "sudo passwd" (without quotes) then enter the root password you want.). Then you would need to kill the kicker process ("ctrl + esc" will bring up the kde task manager) and then rerun kicker ("alt + F2" will bring up a command line and then type "kicker") for the proper time change to be seen on the taskbar. I am also uncertain as to if it will be saved after "save Knoppix configuration" has been run. I don't believe that it is (although the root password will be saved).
Similar Threads
-
By ccaaee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
-
By Marky in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By Ritchie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 02:35 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 04:28 PM
-
By LordHarshmage in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99