This is covered in the Downloading FAQ in the wiki, reached by the Documentation link near the top of this page. If anything isn't clear in the Downloading FAQ please let me know and I'll correct it.Originally Posted by samo21
I've been reading the other posts on this thread a few times over and I haven't quite figured out what I'm looking for, so I figured I'd go ahead and ask.
I finally figured out the torrent thing, but to my dismay it had a bunch of extra files with it. I know this is spoken about in a few previous posts but It was never explained what to do with them. On all the previous versions of knoppix all I had to do was burn the ISO. So, what are those files for and are the nessecary? How should I go about burning them onto the disc since they aren't ISOs?
This is covered in the Downloading FAQ in the wiki, reached by the Documentation link near the top of this page. If anything isn't clear in the Downloading FAQ please let me know and I'll correct it.Originally Posted by samo21
Wow i feel stupid. I downloaded Version 3.9 today. Oh well i am willing to download it if Internet works.
What do you mean "If Internet works"???Originally Posted by Furious Stormrage
iNo matter what you mean, I would not download the 4.0.1 DVD at this point. Klaus has already said he has serious bugs in it and is working hard to get out 4.0.2 real soon now. 3.9 also has serious bugs in the union file system, but that's where some of the 4.0 bugs are (although said to not be as serious as with 3.9).
My recommenations: If you have already burnt a working copy if 3.9, use it until 4.0.2 comes out (assuming that you have DVD burning capability at all). If you have not burnt it yt, use a 700 meg CDRW to burn it so you don't waste the disc. If you plan on burning a DVD get 4.0.2 when it comes out, otherwise a CD version should follow it shortly. In the meantime, read the wiki, particularly the Downloading FAQ, reached by the Documentation link near the top of this page.
As to If the Internet works. Yup, I just checked, the Internet is working. Also, Internet acces works fine for both 3.9 and 4.0.1 when booted from the CD. If you're already trying to "install" it to hard disk, after just downloading today and just making your first post, well hard disk installs have been failing for network access for almost 3 years. Nothing new there, although there are new known problems with 3.9 failing to access the network after a "hard disk install". When people do this I just think of the words of the great philosophers Mt. T and Nelson.

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99