Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lucent Winmodem may work with KNOPPIX

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by blakken
    i tried to use your script under knoppix 3.3 unfortunately it didn't work for my ac'97 modem
    complaining that the kernel is not suiting to the modules .o ,has anybody got any idea ?
    thank you!
    Please post the exact error message.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    I use mine in 3.2 since in 3.3, X doesn't work properly with my laptop. So, I haven't tried it in 3.3.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    Thanks alot, I finally got my modem working with knoppix, or alteast, I think I did. There's one problem. Knoppix can talk to my modem, and connect to the net, but once it does, it won't do anything. I try to start Gaim or Mozilla and it won't do anything. I know it's dial-up and it's not suppose to be fast, but I know it's not a speed factor, for instance, I try to go to www.google.com and it just sits there, same with Gaim, after about 15 minutes and still nothing. Any suggestions? Did I perhaps do something wrong?

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    Default route

    You probably need a default route and dns resolution.

    ifconfig (when its up)
    this should give you a device ppp0
    you need to make ppp0 the default route

    route add default gw [ip add of ppp0]
    then you need dns resolution....
    find the ip of the dns server(s) of your isp and add this to your /etc/resolv.conf

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjokic
    Thank you funkea very much! Without your explanation I did not know how to start. Than, I was lazy and lucky - I did ./build_module than ./instal2 and ./autoload and modem works! They saved modules to /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs. Modem is Lucent PCI winmodem.
    Hi, I have the same problem installing my lucent modem from live CD. I am quiet a new to knoppix as i have never installed modem on it.
    Please help me and explain your steps how did u install your lucent PCI winmodem. I hope it would help me a lot.

    Please explain what are the steps for ./build , ./instal2 and ./autoload. Or please tell me any link where those instructions are written in simple form. If you installed your modem with the help of steps mailed by funkea then please tell me how did you do step 10 and what is meant by lt_modem.o and lt_serial.o and from where i can get these files

    Please reply as i need your help. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Lucent Winmodem For A Hdd Install I Did
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. lucent winmodem on knoppix 3.3
    By Skytos in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 12:00 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 12:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:57 PM
  5. Lucent WinModem v.90 not working!!!
    By knoppix_br in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors picture

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors

$290.00