Is there some reason why you want to run commands in Knoppix at boot from a terminal shell?
It's easy to add commands at boot up to the etc/initd/bootmisc.sh file.
That way you don't have to open a terminal shell.
sakiZ
Hi... I'm newbie in Linux.
I'm using knoppix 3.7. I want to run some command Automatically After my computer reboot.
This what I want my computer Automatic do...
After reboot..
I want My computer Automatic open the Terminal Shell....
Then auto run some command inside...
For example:
okie@home> su
password : xxxxxxx
root@home> ./command 1
And then... in another Tab Terminal Shell.. run another command after run the first command in First Terminal Shell.
IS POSSIBLE to make this work in knoppix 3.7 ??????
Please HELP....
Thanks in advance
Is there some reason why you want to run commands in Knoppix at boot from a terminal shell?
It's easy to add commands at boot up to the etc/initd/bootmisc.sh file.
That way you don't have to open a terminal shell.
sakiZ
Thanks for reply...
I will try it.... soon
If anything error, I hope you can help me... I'm newbie ...
Thanks again
No work for me...
And I still need Terminal shell to run my command... This important for me.
Any other way... ?
Thanks
an example running the "ftp" command in a terminal window:
xterm -e ftp
or:
rxvt -e ftp
konsole -e ftp
etc.
an example running the "ftp" command in a terminal window:
xterm -e ftp
or:
rxvt -e ftp
konsole -e ftp
etc.
Looks good. Does that work for you oakie?
sakiZ

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Core i5 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 , Good
$229.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E16 Gen 2 Intel Core Ultra 5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$500.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00