Have you rebooted? Most of the time you will need to reboot because so the system will regonize the changes to the partition table.
I created a linux partition on my HDD with QTPARTED, and formated it to be xfs or ext2/ext3, but it seems the knoppix can not find this new partition.
I can see it with fdisk -l, it is /dev/hda4, and there is a "hda4" under /mnt, but when I try to mount it, it says there is no link in fstab file.
Can anyone help me out of this? Thanks a lot.
Have you rebooted? Most of the time you will need to reboot because so the system will regonize the changes to the partition table.
Thanks underscore, yes I rebooted it, but the system still can not find it, and now I revised the fstab by hand, it works. Thanks.

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99