Sorry for bumping this thread, but I donīt know what else I should try ... any ideas???...
I hope I'm not asking stupid questions here... :blush: ...
Thanks again,
M.
Hi all,
I have a DTC 3130b PCI scsi card with a symbios logic 53c815 chip, which is detected during Post... but while booting knoppix 3.9, it freezes after displaying: Scsi detection... sym53c8xx.o _
I have a HP Scanjet 5p scsi scanner conected to it, and it is detected by the bios too.
Everything goes ok if I use the cheatcode "knoppix noscsi", so i think the problem is that scsi card. I was wondering if someone could help me to find a workaround to make this device work, or maybe someone had a similar experience and can help me out
Things i've already tried:
Checked the iso integrity with md5sums
Cheatcodes:
testcd: Everything ok
debug: boots ok until scsi detection
atapicd: freezes on scsi too
noscsi: Works allright, but without scsi
Other hardware specs:
AMD Duron @945 MHz
128MB ram
hda= hda1 (vfat: fat32)
hdc1= atapi cd burner
ooops, I didnīt take note of the bios... if it is needed, i'll check and repost.
Thanks in advance
m-
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I donīt know what else I should try ... any ideas???...
I hope I'm not asking stupid questions here... :blush: ...
Thanks again,
M.

Rugged 8TB SSD Oyen Digital MiniPro RAID Enclosure - USB C 10gbps
$1017.47
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00