Not sure about 4.0, but there are 2 ways - try "su" or "sudo" or go to terminal, write su, than make root password with comand "passwd" . Any way, read thid first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Root
Hi All,
I have loaded Knoppix v4.0.0-DVD and am being prompted for the root password when I try to configure eth0.
I have not set a password for root so it must be looking for the default one.
I have tried the following passords:
password, (blank), root, Knoppix.
Any help with this would be great.
Not sure about 4.0, but there are 2 ways - try "su" or "sudo" or go to terminal, write su, than make root password with comand "passwd" . Any way, read thid first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Root
In addition to above go to menus: knoppix, config, set password for root.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99