Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Freezing at scsi detection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    2

    Freezing at scsi detection

    Hi all,

    I have a DTC 3130b PCI scsi card with a symbios logic 53c815 chip, which is detected during Post... but while booting knoppix 3.9, it freezes after displaying: Scsi detection... sym53c8xx.o _
    I have a HP Scanjet 5p scsi scanner conected to it, and it is detected by the bios too.
    Everything goes ok if I use the cheatcode "knoppix noscsi", so i think the problem is that scsi card. I was wondering if someone could help me to find a workaround to make this device work, or maybe someone had a similar experience and can help me out

    Things i've already tried:
    Checked the iso integrity with md5sums
    Cheatcodes:
    testcd: Everything ok
    debug: boots ok until scsi detection
    atapicd: freezes on scsi too
    noscsi: Works allright, but without scsi

    Other hardware specs:
    AMD Duron @945 MHz
    128MB ram
    hda= hda1 (vfat: fat32)
    hdc1= atapi cd burner
    ooops, I didnīt take note of the bios... if it is needed, i'll check and repost.

    Thanks in advance

    m-

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    2
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but I donīt know what else I should try ... any ideas???...
    I hope I'm not asking stupid questions here... :blush: ...

    Thanks again,

    M.

Similar Threads

  1. SCSI drive Detection
    By pitty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:52 AM
  2. SATA and SCSI, SCSI not detected
    By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
  3. Freezing
    By Dr Snark in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
  4. SCSI hard drive detection and Screen resolution
    By Dan Connell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
  5. Knoppix hangs at startup with SCSI detection(aic7xxx module)
    By sjoerd in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s picture

1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s

$45.49



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$13.99