Sorry for bumping this thread, but I don“t know what else I should try ... any ideas???...
I hope I'm not asking stupid questions here... :blush: ...
Thanks again,
M.
Hi all,
I have a DTC 3130b PCI scsi card with a symbios logic 53c815 chip, which is detected during Post... but while booting knoppix 3.9, it freezes after displaying: Scsi detection... sym53c8xx.o _
I have a HP Scanjet 5p scsi scanner conected to it, and it is detected by the bios too.
Everything goes ok if I use the cheatcode "knoppix noscsi", so i think the problem is that scsi card. I was wondering if someone could help me to find a workaround to make this device work, or maybe someone had a similar experience and can help me out
Things i've already tried:
Checked the iso integrity with md5sums
Cheatcodes:
testcd: Everything ok
debug: boots ok until scsi detection
atapicd: freezes on scsi too
noscsi: Works allright, but without scsi
Other hardware specs:
AMD Duron @945 MHz
128MB ram
hda= hda1 (vfat: fat32)
hdc1= atapi cd burner
ooops, I didn“t take note of the bios... if it is needed, i'll check and repost.
Thanks in advance
m-
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I don“t know what else I should try ... any ideas???...
I hope I'm not asking stupid questions here... :blush: ...
Thanks again,
M.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD Socket AM4 DDR4 4-Slot Gaming HDMI DVI
$60.00
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ā Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)ā
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00