-
new here - lots of questions
Ok, I've been using Knoppix for almost 2 years and I'm a fan of it. I'd love to install it to my HD, especially since the new DVD has come out, but I understand that this causes problems (someone said it was because of short cuts taken to make it run from the cd). So I have the following questions:
1. An individual I met on IRC said that there was a downloadable file that puts the "missing" files back into a Knoppix hd install, but he'd forgotten where to download it from. A google search just turned up tutorials for installing it, plus all the warnings about possible problems. Does anyone here know of such a file somewhere? I'm guessing he was wrong, but I'd like to know for sure.
2. Is there a tutorial soemwhere about installing Debian and making it into Knoppix's image, so to speak, on your software choices? (I've heard Debian's installer has improved - the last two times I tried it was a disaster, but that was over a year ago.)
3. If no to both of the above, does anyone recommend any particular distro that's best for soemone who really likes Knoppix?
Thanks in advance.
-raven
Similar Threads
-
By Lilt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
-
By tarinja in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:55 AM
-
By turbines in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 07:27 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM
-
By David in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99