What the output of lsmod are the modules loaded?
Is the volume muted (Kmenu -> Multimedia -> Kmix)?
If you have installed to HD have you added yourself to the audio group?
Hi;
I went out and got a sound card:
Sound Blaster Live 5.2
Knoppix ( 3.2, build 4/15/03 ) still doesn't give me any sound.
I shut off the option in the bios for using the onboard sound on my motherboard.
I ran sndconfig, it found the card and produced no error messages( I did not hear a test sound).
I know next to nothing about hardware, but the instructions and diagram for installing the card were fairly simple. I inserted the card in a pci slot. I connected the wires to the dvd/cdrom and the cd burner.
No dice.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm at the end of my resources of trying to get sound to work in Knoppix.
Thanks in advance
Steve
What the output of lsmod are the modules loaded?
Is the volume muted (Kmenu -> Multimedia -> Kmix)?
If you have installed to HD have you added yourself to the audio group?
I took the box into the shop to verify that I installed my sound card ( SoundBlaster Live 5.1 ) correctly.
A unix technician there said that some linux distros don't have "plug and play" and that if you install new hardware the system might not detect it.
He gave up at first, but he claims that he found a script on the machine called "hwConfig". After he ran it and rebooted the machine sound was enabled.
Steve
do you have legacy support marked "no" in bios?
the key to your answer resides in the bios.
possible solutions =>
-upgrade bios to get a maximum of options available
(if you don't know how ask a specialist,else you fuck up your pc !!!)
-enable/disable plug'n pray
-try assigning irq to cards
-pci language selection (if this option exists)
greetzzz,

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14" Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz 8GB RAM 256GB
$175.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99