Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Splash screen problem..

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9

    Splash screen problem..

    Dear all..
    I want to change knoppix default screen on live cd to my custom splash image.
    I have find file named 'splash_top.png' in 'usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics' but I can't find it.
    I just found this:


    Actualy, what is the easy way to modify it?

    Please, I realy need the way.

    Thanks a lot.

    Regards.
    Brain.[/img]

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    62
    From what you show, it looks like you are concerned with the KDE splash, not the boot splash. Right?

    I used nelsongs's script (updated first version) to remaster from a HD install http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18222 and find that the splash I had set up for my primary user became the splash for the live CD. At least on my first production copy--later I removed all the window managers but KDE, and added FVWM and XFCE. Now on the new one the CD boots to XFCE. But as long as the CD was booting to KDE it was using my user's splash. That might be the simplest way to get where you want.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    62
    Oh, yeah. The splash screen itself is fairly easy to change, once you are working with a hard drive install. Exactly where the splash screens are is a little hard to explain right now, as I'm not in Linux, but the location was fairly easy to find. I suggest you look at "redmond" for your customization, as "simple" doesn't seem to have any obvious graphics files, and the others have lots of pieces you need to figure out. I made a revised version of "redmond" by just editing the background image file with GIMP. I saved it in its own directory instead of messing up the default "redmond", and found the Control Center applet immediately recognized it. You need to edit the background image and a text file--and the preview image if you want the Control Center applet to show what it really looks like.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    thanks stuart..
    i thought i won't get some reply.
    thanks for your kind
    regards

Similar Threads

  1. hp 5800 blank screen after splash
    By techstress in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
  2. KDE Loading Splash screen
    By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
  3. lilo splash screen
    By spiff1281 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
  4. Nvidia splash screen, now what?
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:59 AM
  5. LILO Splash screen?????
    By johncarlson21 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable  picture

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable

$155.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64k with Original Box Tested/Working picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64k with Original Box Tested/Working

$369.99



ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks

$69.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00



Vintage 1980’s Atari CX77 Touch Tablet UNTESTED READ picture

Vintage 1980’s Atari CX77 Touch Tablet UNTESTED READ

$25.00