-
Junior Member
registered user
How to make KNOPPIX fully NTFS support?
Hello..
I know that KNOPPIX is not support for NTFS system (I use version 3.9).
I just can't write or modify my NTFS partition.
How to make KNOPPIX to be fully suported for NTFS system?
Please tell me, I very need this. 
Thanks a lot
regards.
-
Senior Member
registered user
How to make KNOPPIX to be fully suported for NTFS system?
You can't get perfect NTFS write support for Linux. It does not exist. There are alternative addons to the Linux Kernel but they too will not give perfect results. NTFS support in Linux is discussed at least twice a week. Search the forums for ntfs and you will find our past discussions.
-
Re: How to make KNOPPIX fully NTFS support?

Originally Posted by
cluzterix
... I just can't write or modify my NTFS partition. ...
Use captive ntfs. Linux and obviously Knoppix only have reliable read only ntfs capability. Captive ntfs will use this read only driver to find the microsoft xp drivers, copy them into linux and run a wrapper to grant ntfs write access. It works very well for me. Good luck, Gilles
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: How to make KNOPPIX fully NTFS support?

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Use captive ntfs...
...copy them into linux and run a wrapper to grant ntfs write access.
Where I can get it and how to install it, please..
I am sorry I just still newbie..
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Have fun but be very sure that you have all of your data backed up first. From what I've seen here writing to an NTFS partition without captive is like playing Russian Roulet with a revolver with six bullets, or with a semi-automatic pistol. With captive it's safer, much in the same way that playing Russian Roulet with a revolver and only one bullet is "safer".
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see widely different results for users with no SP, SP1 and SP2, and maybe even some extra surprises depending on which "security updates" you let Microsoft install. Experiment, but have good backups!
Similar Threads
-
By goldenh in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
-
By codeforge in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM
-
By 7of12 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54