My DVD burner has not been delivered (arrives tomorrow!) but I was able to use the 4.01 DVD ISO in VMWare. It booted and seemed to work fine.
I downloaded the new version of 4.0. I used k3b to burn ISO image to DVD as I'd done several times before. I believe the k3b is doing its own md5 check.
The resulting DVD just does not boot on two different PC's where I had in the past successfully run multiple live CD distro's, notably including v.4.0.linux.TAG. In both cases, it just goes on to its original plan for booting (WinXP or Kanotix, respectively).
BTW I looked around but have been unable to see a download FAQ (I have done it correctly before, FWIW).
My DVD burner has not been delivered (arrives tomorrow!) but I was able to use the 4.01 DVD ISO in VMWare. It booted and seemed to work fine.
Burned the DVD 4.0 Official Release and it works just fine as well as the iso boot from ntfs.
Cheers, Gilles
... it worked on the third try. Sorry.![]()
Tried different brand of media, and did a post-burn m5d check as well. Took an hour to burn but Knoppix now appears to be a 'bootin. [/b]
It's there. To find it click on the Documentation link near the top of this page. That's the Wiki. The Downloading faq is currently the 9th item down in the list.Originally Posted by pterandon
Distrowatch has a new article about folks having difficulty burning the ISO DVD.
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050822#1
It seems to be about bugs that have already been mentioned here, even quotes the post that Klaus himself put in our bug section of the wiki. It does not seem to be about difficulty burning.Originally Posted by pterandon

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 6-Core 12-Thread 3.2GHz 3.6GHz Boost AM4 19MB Cache
$15.95