-
Senior Member
registered user
Who is user nobody????
Recently I noticed my hdd running wild when I wasn't really doing anything drive intensive. So I fired up top in a shell and found a user called "nobody" running "find." Who the heck is that? What the heck are we finding??
I'm running knoppix-installered to hdd and created no such user. Have I been hacked??? I panicked, opening a root sheel, killed that process and userdeled nobody. Was that a good thing, or did I over react? I never noticed user nobody in top before....
BTW, if I was hacked, did I do the right thing? My PC was running really slowly before I removed that process and user. Is there anything else I should do in this instance or to protect my PC against future attacks?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

NETGEAR GS308 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch New - OPEN BOX - not used
$28.99

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95