Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Intel Extreme Graphics. Driver needed.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    Intel Extreme Graphics. Driver needed.

    Hello everyone.
    I'm using Intel Desktop board D865GLC, it has an integrated video card Intel Extreme Graphics. My Knoppix 3.6 doesn's recognize it so I can't go higher than a certain resolution. Does anyone know where to download the driver for it?
    Also I have a problem with my sound card which is also integrated, it's SoundMax 4XL with audio ESP using AD1985 codec. I need a driver for that too.
    Intel.com only provides drivers for RedHat. Please help.
    Thank you much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You are running an old release of Knoppix. Knoppix 3.6 was released August of last year and uses the 2.4.x series of the Linux kernel. Knoppix 3.9 was released in June of this year and uses the 2.6.x series of the Linux kernel. I make no promises but it is very likely that a new release such as Knoppix 3.9 will have the drivers that you need.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I do have the new kernel 2.6.
    By default though, I run 2.4,
    I'm gonna go ahead and try run it with 2.6 kernel.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    Higer Resolution

    Well,
    I ran the new kernel and there's still no result.
    You know, all I need is higher resolution for the screen. I mean the highest it can go is 1024x768, I need 1152x864. Does anyone know how to set this up in the XFree86 conf file? Maybe you can do that without any drivers?
    Please help. Thanx.

Similar Threads

  1. intel graphics driver install
    By yonu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM
  3. Intel graphics (865G): recompile new kernel
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
  4. Intel Extreme Graphics running as 640x480
    By tjcw in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 01:37 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



✅ Chip for Commodore Amiga ⭐ CSG 8372A 318069-02 ⭐ FAT AGNUS ⚡️ picture

✅ Chip for Commodore Amiga ⭐ CSG 8372A 318069-02 ⭐ FAT AGNUS ⚡️

$67.14



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$219.00



Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard picture

Commodore Amiga 3000 Computer 25MHz '030, 6MB, BlueSCSI, Mouse & Keyboard

$2399.99



AMIGA Commodore A1200 picture

AMIGA Commodore A1200

$999.99



Vintage Commodore 1702 CRT Video Monitor 1984 for C64 Amiga Retro Gaming Tested picture

Vintage Commodore 1702 CRT Video Monitor 1984 for C64 Amiga Retro Gaming Tested

$300.00



Vintage Amiga Perfect Sound Digital Sound Sampler With Adapter Untested picture

Vintage Amiga Perfect Sound Digital Sound Sampler With Adapter Untested

$100.00



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99