Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Intel Extreme Graphics. Driver needed.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    Intel Extreme Graphics. Driver needed.

    Hello everyone.
    I'm using Intel Desktop board D865GLC, it has an integrated video card Intel Extreme Graphics. My Knoppix 3.6 doesn's recognize it so I can't go higher than a certain resolution. Does anyone know where to download the driver for it?
    Also I have a problem with my sound card which is also integrated, it's SoundMax 4XL with audio ESP using AD1985 codec. I need a driver for that too.
    Intel.com only provides drivers for RedHat. Please help.
    Thank you much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You are running an old release of Knoppix. Knoppix 3.6 was released August of last year and uses the 2.4.x series of the Linux kernel. Knoppix 3.9 was released in June of this year and uses the 2.6.x series of the Linux kernel. I make no promises but it is very likely that a new release such as Knoppix 3.9 will have the drivers that you need.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I do have the new kernel 2.6.
    By default though, I run 2.4,
    I'm gonna go ahead and try run it with 2.6 kernel.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    Higer Resolution

    Well,
    I ran the new kernel and there's still no result.
    You know, all I need is higher resolution for the screen. I mean the highest it can go is 1024x768, I need 1152x864. Does anyone know how to set this up in the XFree86 conf file? Maybe you can do that without any drivers?
    Please help. Thanx.

Similar Threads

  1. intel graphics driver install
    By yonu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM
  3. Intel graphics (865G): recompile new kernel
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
  4. Intel Extreme Graphics running as 640x480
    By tjcw in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 01:37 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SELLER EXCLUSIVE MINT _ MacWeek Bag - Apple Computer Macintosh Lisa Vintage RARE picture

SELLER EXCLUSIVE MINT _ MacWeek Bag - Apple Computer Macintosh Lisa Vintage RARE

$49.95



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items picture

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items

$100.00



Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad picture

Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad

$199.99



Vintage Apple IIe Computer Model A2S2064 Main Unit - For Parts / Repair - AS IS picture

Vintage Apple IIe Computer Model A2S2064 Main Unit - For Parts / Repair - AS IS

$99.00



Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac picture

Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac

$299.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99