-
Junior Member
registered user
HDD-Install kills alsa!
Hello All,
This is probably cross-posting in the worst way, but I figure the more people see my problem, the likelier I am to have someone with an "Aha!" moment help me out.
Here's my story: I downloaded the 4/10/03 Knoppix CD, burned it, and played around a bit. I was pleased to see that it saw my on-board NIC right away, etc., and that when passing "alsa" as a kernel parameter (i.e. "boot: knoppix lang=us alsa"), it saw and properly used my on-board sound card, a VIA VT8233 (AC97).
Yesterday I took the plunge and did a hdd-install. Now, sound no longer works. I've edited /etc/lilo.conf to have "alsa" appear in the "append" section of my kernel parameters and re-instaleld lilo (just /sbin/lilo), and that did no good; apparently, for some reason, I can no longer get the kernel to switch on alsa at startup and/or see my sound card. Instead, sndconfig is back to giving me errors about /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o again, where I was on the bootable CD before I specified "alsa" as a cheatcode. I see the file's there, too.
Can anyone help me out on why the heck this won't work?
Thanks,
Alex Kirk
Similar Threads
-
By listman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:45 AM
-
By ica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By StyleWarz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2003, 03:32 AM
-
By StyleWarz in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
-
By StyleWarz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00