Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: OpenOffice upgrade not working

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    OpenOffice upgrade not working

    I installed office using apt-get install.I guess I should have used something like apt-get upgrade/update but i had read that people sometimes have problems with update and in any case install seemed to recognise that it was an upgrade I needed. The openoffice link on my Menu didn't work so i deleted it especially as the programs were in the office menu along with KOffice ( which i had installed as well) and i swapped the old office icon on my taskbar with the new one. I can use write and save sxw and .doc files, and can open them if I open them in Openoffice, but if I try to open them by clicking on the document icon the MS office.doc files open in Kwrite and the sxw files don't open at all except for a message that says KDEInit could not launch '/opt/openoffice/program/swriter'. Where has it all gone wrong!!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    OpenOffice upgrade not working

    after trawling through the web apparently I would need to find and remove the old symlink and then create a new one. Personally I haven't a clue. If someone knows please do tell. For the time being i have done a mkdir and created /opt/openoffice/program/swriter and then done cp /usr/bin/openoffice /opt/openoffice/program/swriter. This works for the time being. it seems kdeinit problems like this can happen with upgrades.

Similar Threads

  1. PS2 mouse not working after upgrade
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
  2. Kcontrol not working after kde 3.2 upgrade
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
  3. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
  4. How do I upgrade OpenOffice?
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:22 AM
  5. problem using apt-get with upgrade/dist-upgrade
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99