-
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/hda
Hello. I'm new at using knoppix. I'm trying to fix a friend's computer. When I turn on the computer, it simply says "No operating system detected." I figured I would try booting into knoppix so we could back up his files before I tried anything else, but I can't even seem to boot into knoppix. At the loading screen, it gets stuck on the second line: "Looking for CDROM in: /dev/hda"
Also interesting: at the top of same screen, it says "hda: INVALID GEOMETRY: 0 PHYSICAL HEADS?"
It almost seems as though whatever is up with the hard drive is affecting knoppix somehow? But I thought knoppix ran exclusive of the hard drive entirely?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By phlyxuz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2006, 10:37 PM
-
By fasttech in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
-
By ivansv1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
-
By Pests in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 02:10 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming
$125.00

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45