Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Had to re-install windows PCI to USB Driver

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2

    Had to re-install windows PCI to USB Driver

    I am a knoppix newbie. After running Knoppix from the DVD I found that when I booted windows XP back up my USB printer and scanner were not working. I had to go to device manager and re-load the PCI to USB driver? Is this normal? When I quit knoppix does it not return the usb driver back to windows?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    did you do anything to the devices when you used knoppix?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2
    No I tried to print something from knoppix but it wouldn't work. I figured that it was because the printer was turned off when knoppix was loaded. Other than that I didn't do anything with the USB devices.

    When knoppix shut down I selected the turn off option and noticed that it seemed to stop after printing a lot to the Dos like screen. The PC didn't turn off and it didn't re-boot. I had to turn the PC power off and on again. Is this normal?

Similar Threads

  1. Windows XP Video Driver
    By echodavis in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:58 AM
  2. How to install driver, please help!
    By phsieh in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. ATI Radeon driver install possible using poorman's install?
    By Quip Frok in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:27 PM
  4. HD install+Nvidia driver install = no kernel headers aargh
    By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM
  5. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99