Perhaps it is failing. I have seen that on HD that are healthy but do have a few bad sectors. I have also seen it on HDs that are dying.
This article covers some of what I was going to type out. http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?.../10/08/1416248
The following message is shown at the tty1 when X-window is starting:
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError}, LBAsect=1686256, hig=0, low=1686256, sector=1686255
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/) error, dev hda, sector 1686255
What does that mean? Thansk!
Perhaps it is failing. I have seen that on HD that are healthy but do have a few bad sectors. I have also seen it on HDs that are dying.
This article covers some of what I was going to type out. http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?.../10/08/1416248

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99