Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: accessibility features

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    accessibility features

    trying to add accessibility support . Kmag and emacspeaks OK (though emacspeak seems a bit complicated andI'd like something that reads the Knoppix desktop0). Tried installing Gnopernicus, but it doesn't seem to work. Kttsd seems to refuses to install (seems to need earlier versionsof kdelibs4 and libarts1). Does anyoneknow of anything else I can use or a way to configure these so they work.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Exactly how are you trying to install them? Which repository are you using? Have you pointed Kde at unstable and upgraded?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    accessibility features

    I am not sure what that means. I installed using apt-get install and got the message saying I had unmet dependencies. I just assumed that the versions needed were earlier versions because of the version numbers and the fact that I do have versions of those files on my system and when i tried to download them again it stated that I had the newest versions.

    As for gnopernicus I have read the following :

    The problem here is that the libgail and libatk-bridge modules are not being found. You can try by
    setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the place where the modules are installed (lib/gtk-2.0/modules) and
    also set GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1.

    I found /usr/lib/gtk2.0/modules but am not sure how to set the path or where the file is where I should change the paths

    Yasr seems to workalthough i am not sure how it functions. It reads the console screen but if I open an application it doesn't read the page. Also I have to navigate to a console as it doesn't appear to read the desktop. Iam not visually impaired myself so it is difficult to judge what is OK or not but the programs all seem a bit complicated.

Similar Threads

  1. accessibility for the blind
    By babelbrennt in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
  2. add some features to the boot
    By ska_p_te in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 10:01 PM
  3. Favourite KDE 3.2 features?
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 03:56 PM
  4. Accessibility in Knoppix
    By broadband412 in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 07:44 AM
  5. features K ???
    By the_CName in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98% picture

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%

$50.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive picture

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive

$24.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99