Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USB key / Saving system settings

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    USB key / Saving system settings

    Hi,
    I've gone through the following steps on creating a persistent home directory & saving system settings:

    http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/...n/index20.html

    The home directory appears to be ok, the img is on USB key and mounts on boot when I use knoppix home=scan. The problem is that when I go into the menu, select Configure, Save Knoppix Config, I only have /mnt/floppy listed as an option, no USB or /mnt/uba1? As I mentioned the USB key is working (home directory image is there) it is mounted and I did remove the "read-only" flag in the settings. The USB key is a Kingston 256MB version. Any help appreciated.

    bonggo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    anyone have any ideas to try?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: USB key / Saving system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by bonggo
    The home directory appears to be ok, the img is on USB key and mounts on boot when I use knoppix home=scan. The problem is that when I go into the menu, select Configure, Save Knoppix Config, I only have /mnt/floppy listed as an option, no USB or /mnt/uba1? As I mentioned the USB key is working (home directory image is there) it is mounted and I did remove the "read-only" flag in the settings. The USB key is a Kingston 256MB version.
    Open Konquerer. On the left panel, click on devices. Find your USB key and click on it. You should see the file knoppix.img. Do you?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hello Robert.
    I upgraded to Knoppix 3.9 and now it works fine. Thanks for the reply

    bonggo

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by bonggo
    I upgraded to Knoppix 3.9 and now it works fine. Thanks for the reply
    Glad to hear you got it to work. What version of Knoppix were you using before?

    BTW, the link you posted looks like it was for Knoppix 3.7 or earlier.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. saving files& system settings to usb live knoppix flashd
    By majorstar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
  2. saving settings
    By ozgurgerilla in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
  3. saving settings
    By punkpaddy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
  4. saving settings
    By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
  5. Saving settings to a URL?
    By true1ever in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor picture

Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor

$28.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99