Sounds like it takes a while to get your video card detected and drivers for it loaded. Vanta is Nvidia right and I assume that it IS in fact an AGP card? You could boot like this:
boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
Hi All,
as a newbie to Knoppix I am finding it very interesting but I have a problem I hope you can help with. When I boot (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-15-EN.iso), everything goes fine until the message AGP detected, at which point the system pauses for 3 to 4 minutes before continuing to a fully working system.
The system is a 600MHz Athelon with an AMD 751/756 chipset and a Vanta TNT graphics card.
Any help reducing this boot delay would be much appreciated.
Sounds like it takes a while to get your video card detected and drivers for it loaded. Vanta is Nvidia right and I assume that it IS in fact an AGP card? You could boot like this:
boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.
As I log out the text on the screen states the use of the NV module.
I'll try setting a persistant home to see if the system will pick up the settings from the last session.
Shaun

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$121.83
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
RARE ISA Video Card, S3 P86C928, 2MB (Diamond Stealth Pro) Vintage, Working
$179.99
Vintage CTL 9Gx 19-inch Monitor Gray/Black Office Display VGA Retro Gaming
$35.00
Vintage CTL 9Gx 19-inch Monitor Gray/Black Office Display VGA Retro Gaming
$35.00
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Amstrad PPC640 Vintage Laptop with LCD Display and Accessories
$280.28