-
Slow Boot (AGP Detected)
Hi All,
as a newbie to Knoppix I am finding it very interesting but I have a problem I hope you can help with. When I boot (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-15-EN.iso), everything goes fine until the message AGP detected, at which point the system pauses for 3 to 4 minutes before continuing to a fully working system.
The system is a 600MHz Athelon with an AMD 751/756 chipset and a Vanta TNT graphics card.
Any help reducing this boot delay would be much appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sounds like it takes a while to get your video card detected and drivers for it loaded. Vanta is Nvidia right and I assume that it IS in fact an AGP card? You could boot like this:
boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
-
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.
As I log out the text on the screen states the use of the NV module.
I'll try setting a persistant home to see if the system will pick up the settings from the last session.
Shaun
Similar Threads
-
By diablo266 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By patdut in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 07:18 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By LinuxSam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB
$49.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

Vintage (2000) Apple Macintosh M7803 USB Pro Keyboard Black/Silver With Wired
$25.00

Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM
$38.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00