Sounds like it takes a while to get your video card detected and drivers for it loaded. Vanta is Nvidia right and I assume that it IS in fact an AGP card? You could boot like this:
boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
Hi All,
as a newbie to Knoppix I am finding it very interesting but I have a problem I hope you can help with. When I boot (KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-15-EN.iso), everything goes fine until the message AGP detected, at which point the system pauses for 3 to 4 minutes before continuing to a fully working system.
The system is a 600MHz Athelon with an AMD 751/756 chipset and a Vanta TNT graphics card.
Any help reducing this boot delay would be much appreciated.
Sounds like it takes a while to get your video card detected and drivers for it loaded. Vanta is Nvidia right and I assume that it IS in fact an AGP card? You could boot like this:
boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.
As I log out the text on the screen states the use of the NV module.
I'll try setting a persistant home to see if the system will pick up the settings from the last session.
Shaun

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99