-
OpenOffice upgrade not working
I installed office using apt-get install.I guess I should have used something like apt-get upgrade/update but i had read that people sometimes have problems with update and in any case install seemed to recognise that it was an upgrade I needed. The openoffice link on my Menu didn't work so i deleted it especially as the programs were in the office menu along with KOffice ( which i had installed as well) and i swapped the old office icon on my taskbar with the new one. I can use write and save sxw and .doc files, and can open them if I open them in Openoffice, but if I try to open them by clicking on the document icon the MS office.doc files open in Kwrite and the sxw files don't open at all except for a message that says KDEInit could not launch '/opt/openoffice/program/swriter'. Where has it all gone wrong!!
Similar Threads
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:22 AM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00